[xubuntu-users] Can't print any more on 14.04

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Sep 7 13:48:49 UTC 2014

On Sat, 6 Sep 2014 18:04:59 -0700
MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> :
> >
> > I attached the driver for the HL-2040 and that seems to work for
> > now.
>
> I spoke too soon.  After a reboot, it's back to it's old habits again.
> The print job shows as pending in the printer queue window, and lpstat
> says:

Hey Mr. ZenWiz,

Just for fun, try configuring your printer using Cups at
http://127.0.0.1:631. It might give you a new way of looking at things,
and if you're really lucky it might even fix your problem permanently.
I've had great luck with the Cups config at http://127.0.0.1:631.

By the way, if your printer happens to have any kind of network access,
life might be easier if you simply set it up as a network printer.

Best of luck.

SteveT