[xubuntu-users] Panel being difficult SOLVED

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:56:31 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded (via reinstall) my home desktop to Trusty (14.04.1),
> and the panel is being difficult.
>
> I run it with a dark background, so I need the items to show up with
> white foreground and dark background.  Instead, the clock only shows
> the foreground, which is black and thus illegible, and the workspace
> switchers and the CPU graphs are all with a background so light I
> can't read anything in them.
>
> Isn't there a way to configure the panel items for dark backgrounds?
> This wasn't a problem in Precise (12.04).

Apparently this is a side effect of the theme.  I set my theme to
Clearlooks as I thought that was what I had been using, but apparently
I needed to use Bluebird with the icons set to elementary Xfce dark or
darker.

The only remaining trivial oddity here is that the network
notification icon shows nice and white on my work desktop but gray on
my home desktop.

I need to record these things....

MR