[xubuntu-users] [14.04 64Bit]-FileZilla FTP Client Slow On 1.2GHz Thin Client?

Tue Oct 21 16:28:59 UTC 2014

On 10/21/2014 12:16 PM, Fred Roller wrote:
> On 10/21/2014 10:37 AM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>> [14.04 64Bit]-FileZilla FTP Client Slow On 1.2GHz Thin Client?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit fully updated
>> on an Intel Celeron 1.2GHz dual-core CPU with 4GB RAM thin client.
>>
>> When I use current FileZilla FTP client
>> uploading and downloading seem to be very slow?
>>
>> When uploading or downloading in FileZilla
>> it does a few files full speed but then CPU utilization goes to 100%
>> and FileZilla stops for a few seconds?
>>
>> I've never had problems with FileZilla before.
>> Anyone know how to fix this problem?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jesse
>>
> When you say you have not had problems with filezilla was it on the
> system you currently are using.  The processor hitting 100% on a
> Celeron chip would lead me to believe your cache memory is over taxed
> on the chip.  Celeron chips reduced significantly the amount of cache
> memory to make them cheap and as a result performance suffered as you
> have described.  If you have a another system which you can try and is
> similar as possible except for the celeron chip try Filezilla there
> and see if it reproduces the issue. HIH.

Hi,

I've used FileZilla with Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit on this same system with
no problems.
I should state that I now have a super fast 60MB/sec download & 25MB/sec
upload connection.
Is there something I can do to fix this FileZilla problem on Xubuntu
14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit?
(I upload/download several websites occasionally)

Thanks!

Jesse