[xubuntu-users] [14.04 64Bit]-FileZilla FTP Client Slow On 1.2GHz Thin Client?

Fred Roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 16:16:02 UTC 2014

On 10/21/2014 10:37 AM, Jesse Palser wrote:
> [14.04 64Bit]-FileZilla FTP Client Slow On 1.2GHz Thin Client?
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit fully updated
> on an Intel Celeron 1.2GHz dual-core CPU with 4GB RAM thin client.
>
> When I use current FileZilla FTP client
> uploading and downloading seem to be very slow?
>
> When uploading or downloading in FileZilla
> it does a few files full speed but then CPU utilization goes to 100%
> and FileZilla stops for a few seconds?
>
> I've never had problems with FileZilla before.
> Anyone know how to fix this problem?
> Thanks!
>
> Jesse

When you say you have not had problems with filezilla was it on the
system you currently are using.  The processor hitting 100% on a Celeron
chip would lead me to believe your cache memory is over taxed on the
chip.  Celeron chips reduced significantly the amount of cache memory to
make them cheap and as a result performance suffered as you have
described.  If you have a another system which you can try and is
similar as possible except for the celeron chip try Filezilla there and
see if it reproduces the issue. HIH.

--
- Fred

"Only those who can see the invisible
can accomplish the impossible." - Anonymous