[xubuntu-users] Colour Printing

David Walland davidwalland at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 9 12:22:13 UTC 2014

I have set up my Xubuntu system to print on our venerable Epson Stylus
Photo 1290 machine.  When I tried to use it most of the controls (which I
use very frequently) simply were not there.  I don't know what I did or
didn't do to set this up; I merely allowed the system to do it's thing.
I'm pretty sure I remember CUPS in the list of actions.  I use double sided
printing quite a lot via Windows and this simply doesn't appear at all on
the properties in Xubuntu.  Since I have more important concerns, I haven't
done anything about this.  I was thinking of seeing if it'll run with the
Windows drivers under Wine, at some point, but as the printer remains
normally attached to my old XP machine, this is not exactly high priority
for me.

Regards

David Walland