[xubuntu-users] Window focus does not follow operations properly

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 20:11:32 UTC 2014

I originally thought this was a problem with LibreOffice, but I'm now
seeing it all over the place in Xubuntu 14.04 (but not 12.04, from
which I upgraded).

When a new window pops up, usually for some kind of input like the
file-open window in LO, or the administrative authority window for SU
GUI apps, the pop-up window often does not get the focus.

What this leads to is entry of information, like a password, in the
window from which the pop-up was initiated rather than in the input
window itself.

This happens most often for me in LO when I have a document already
open and try to do something with a new document, like open an
encrypted document and the encryption password window pops-up, but
without focus.

This also routinely happens when I get that stupid "authorization
required to mount flash drive" windows, or when I want to run synaptic
and at other times as well.

My question is, to whom should this bug be reported?  I have filed a
LO bug, but I'm pretty sure it's an underlying window manager or other
X problem.

Thanks.
MR