[xubuntu-users] New Window Won't Focus/Activate

Sajan Parikh sajan at parikh.io
Tue Nov 25 22:17:48 UTC 2014

Running Xubuntu 14.10.

In Settings Manager -> Window Manager -> Focus [tab], I have the
"Automatically give focus to newly created windows" option selected/checked.

- Opening new window from Whisker gets focus just fine.
- New windows created by applications get focus just fine.

However, when I launch an application from the desktop launcher, like
Firefox, the new window does not get focus.

The desktop launcher was created by simply right clicking in Whisker and
selecting "Add To Desktop".

Is this a bug I should report, or am I missing something?

--
Sajan Parikh