[xubuntu-users] How to mount a cell phone

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:01:56 UTC 2014

On 11/09/2014 12:15 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> I have a Casio C811 G-zone cell phone that I'd like to be able to
> acess from my Xubuntu 14.04.1 system.
>
> When I plug it in to the USB port, it shows up in lsusb as an NEC
> device, but the file system never mounts and I can't seem to access it
> as a /dev device.
>
> The phone has version 4.12 of Android, if that's any help.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.
>
> Thanks.
> MR

Try gMTP. Be sure that the phone is on and active. Wait for minutes to see if
it mounts.

In spite of running Linux under the hood, the Android OS uses a different
access method. And, I had much better luck connecting to my old HTC Incredible
II than to my HTC One. Sometimes it's just easier to mail files to myself and
download them.