[xubuntu-users] javascript: void (0)

Fred Roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:11:36 UTC 2014

On 05/30/2014 11:49 AM, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I use google-chrome-stable browser and have a problem when using a
> particular forum. There is a button on this forum which allows a
> preview of a posting before it is made. When I click on this button
> nothing seems to happen and in the bottom left of the screen where the
> destination appears there is 'javascript: (0)'. In an attempt to find
> out what this means I entered the detail into Google and on pressing
> enter the screen became empty.
>
> Could some kind person tell me what is happening, please?
>
> Norman

Java is not executing, being a master of the obvious that I am ;).
Sounds like java may be disabled. But have you tried the forum in
Firefox or some other browser?  And does it work? Does Chrome have
problems with any other java sites?

Go to Chrome > Settings > Advance Settings > Content Setting (under
Privacy) scroll down and check that java is enabled.

See if any of these help and let us know.

--
- Fred

"Only those who can see the invisible
can accomplish the impossible." - Anonymous