[xubuntu-users] Libreoffice - spell check problems

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Fri May 30 14:57:28 UTC 2014

On 30/05/14 01:36, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Are the English hunspell dictionaries also installed?
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/hunspell-dictionary

This is done, thanks

libreoffice-l10n-en-gb - office productivity suite -- English_british
language package
 install myspell-en-gb - English_british dictionary for myspell

its all working now,  thanks

OK so as others are getting the same issue,  there must be an issue
somewhere with dependencies is it possible to bind the above two
together so that if you install one it installs the other (is this meta
packages or something) so that the spelling stuff is installed according
to the language / location (is this what locales refer to)  the user is in.

I am not sure on the right technical terms here (this is for the
developer teams I guess) but it seems something as basic as a spell
check should not get left out, I know there are several options but most
new users just go with defaults anyway so anything is better than
nothing.  if Xubuntu is to replace windows we need to make things less
problematic.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net
@zleap14

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and
vulnerable groups and expect any school, establishment or organsation that
I am involved with to share this commitment.