[xubuntu-users] Advanced User Settings window too big

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sat May 24 13:54:32 UTC 2014

On 24/05/14 00:20, Chris Spackman wrote:
> On 2014/05/23 at 06:17pm, George F. Nemeyer wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Whatever 'do-it' or other buttons to make changes and/or cancel are
>> not visible or accessable being down below the bottom screen edge,
>> or obscured by any bottom edge panel .  This makes the window
>> essentially useless, since no changes can be made to any settings.
IIf this issue is what i think it is, then if you set your desktop
arrangement to 2x2 so there are 4 desktops arranged in a grid,, then you
may find that the buttons to confirm / save changes are on the lower
desktop window.  (I am using 14.04 with xfce and this doesn't seem to be
the case but it could simply either be my set up or the dialogue or
window I am trying it with.

You can sometimes find a shortcut key to the OK / save, cancel button.
I am sure you can press tab to move between all the buttons so can judge
it when you are over a hidden button

I think in some cases there could be an issue,  with this,  as some
dialogues are a fixed size while others are adjustable.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net
@zleap14

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and
vulnerable groups and expect any school, establishment or organsation that
I am involved with to share this commitment.