[xubuntu-users] file associations

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Tue May 20 13:26:33 UTC 2014

On 20/05/14 14:17, Fred Roller wrote:
> On 05/20/2014 08:58 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> click on the link to the pdf link it tries to open it in scratch by
>> default
> Worked fine for me as well.  Once downloaded, or any pdf for that
> matter, have you tried:
>
> right clicking > Open with > Open with other application...
>
>  then choose the application you want and ensure the the "Use as
> default for this kind of file." is checked at the bottom of the pop up
> window?
>
> Chrome opened the file in it's own pdf viewer and my system, 14.04 _64
> defaults to document viewer (unchanged from install).

In firefox (29.0) the option to keep doing this is greyed out so I Can't
tick the tick box for this,

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net
@zleap14

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and
vulnerable groups and expect any school, establishment or organsation that
I am involved with to share this commitment.