[xubuntu-users] vlc segmentation fault - core dump

Fred Roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Sat May 17 05:18:28 UTC 2014

On 05/16/2014 02:40 PM, Fred Roller wrote:
> Hello all, on 14.04 vlc is refusing to start.  When run from cli I get
> a segmentation fault error. when run with the -vv option I get this
> error just before the core dump.

Okay, first is a lesson that I should have known, rtfm.  Man vlc got me
to vlc --help which got me the option from command line:

vlc --reset-config

which seemed to clear things right up.  To the error though, and
tomorrow I will test this out, seems to be switching to skinned mode
which broke it; I believe.  This is where I do need some input. Would
this still be in the Xubuntu camp or should I need to take to the vlc
developers and consider this solved?  How do I tell which?

- Fred