[xubuntu-users] [Bulk] Re: OT: no ps2 mouse?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu May 1 08:03:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 08:53 +0100, David Walland wrote:
> PS2 to USB

or USB to PS/2?

There are valid reasons to avoid USB, if possible.

1. Security, disable USB and nobody is able to harm the system by
plugging in a malicious USB stick.

2. IRQs for real-time usage (CNC, pro-audio or something like that). To
be fair, I can use my USB mouse and anyway unbind a few other USB ports,
that share IRQs with important hardware, that shouldn't share an IRQ.

--
A rather good documentary from an African-German woman.

The ARYANS" on german TV
29.04., at 22:10  at ARTE, plus Q & A with Mo Asumang
05.05.2014, at 23:55, ZDF/Das kleine Fernsehspiel

http://www.die-arier.com/en/index.php