[xubuntu-users] OT: no ps2 mouse?

David Walland davidwalland at googlemail.com
Thu May 1 07:53:14 UTC 2014

Hi!  I'm using a PS2 trackerball through a PS2 to USB converter straight
into this Dell Latitude D620 running 12.04 64 bit Xubuntu.  It's never
given any issues whatever - which is more than can be said for running the
thing on the other Dell (was my wife's machine until she updated) which
still runs Vista <ughh!> and is about a year younger.

I bought two of these converters for about GBP2.99 inc postage off eBay a
couple of years ago.  I can understand if you want to fiddle with the
settings, but if you just want results, this is a very quick and fairly
permanent fix.

My trackerball is a Logitech Trackman Marble T-CL13 and is around 20 years
old (and much loved!)

Regards,

David Walland