[xubuntu-users] Add 14.04 to multi-boot configuration

Hgscott hgscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 22:24:20 UTC 2014

On 07/03/14 18:21, Marc Coevoet wrote:
> op 07-03-14 18:39, eddie.seymour at gmail.com schreef:
>> I have a dual-boot with Windows2k on c: and xp on the second partition
>> d:. I want to add Xubuntu 14.04 when it is released to replace the w2k
>> that is now on c: partition. I am not sure of the best way to proceed
>> and be able to boot xp when I need it. Anyone have suggestions?
>> Thanks,
>

> You can replace win2k partition with xubuntu, and make a swap of 1 gb,
> and then your linux can start or your xp, ...
>
> Marc ...

     I would be careful of accepting what Marc has written as something
which is easy to achieve. The addition of grub2 to Ubuntu makes for
certain difficulties particularly in dealing with windows partions.
There are good articles on the web about it but having just completed a
similar project I thought I urge  caution and research before leaping in.

   H.