[xubuntu-users] The new LTS version of Xubuntu

Neil neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Mar 3 17:48:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:35:58 -0300
Bruno Benitez <gridcube at gmail.com> wrote:

> :)
> Hello Neil. The configuration of xubuntu's theme will remain
> identical, you can still add or remove as many panels as you want or
> wish to have. Xfce has not changed that.
>
> Whiskersmenu brings some useful characteristics to the panel
> management, you can search programs fast for their name or
> description, for example, or save favourite applications to be shown
> first in the menu, ofcourse that the app-search of alt-f2 will remain
> available if thats what you want to use, but this is integrated to
> the menu.
>
> The wallpapers is a minor characteristic of the better per monitor
> management settings.
>
> I highly recommend you to test the daily isos, you can easily do so on
> virtualbox, that way if you report any issue or opinion on
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/ you can help Xubuntu.

Thanks for the quick reply. I do in fact make many changes to a fresh
install of Xubuntu, the panels was just an example. Having different
wallpapers for each desktop was something I found to be very useful so
I am pleased that it is coming back.

I am also wondering if the current menu will still be available as well
as, or instead of, whiskermenu.  I have been considering checking out
one of the iso's but I have decided to wait for Beta 2. I have a laptop
as well as my desktop so I can play with it on there. If things get
messed up it won't matter.

Neil