[xubuntu-users] Still impossible to make Chrome the default browser in 13.10

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Mar 2 14:38:12 UTC 2014

This is still broken in 13.10. I installed Chrome, and now every time I
click on a link in another application, it asks what browser I want to
make the default (I click chromium-browser); and every time I start
Chrome manually, it asks if I want to make it the default browser (yes).

Does anyone know why is this setting not sticky? Has someone in Ubuntu
dev got it in for Chrome? Or is someone in Google just careless about
how Chrome resets settings?

No-one appears to have reported it as a bug, but the discussion forums
have lots of messages about how it doesn't work, suggesting various ways
of hand-editing Gnome config files in an attempt to make the setting
persist.

Does anyone know whose bug this is?

///Peter