[xubuntu-users] xscreensaver and battery manager - do they work against each other?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sat Mar 1 12:51:41 UTC 2014

A little while ago I uninstalled xscreensaver from one of my xubuntu
13.10 systems and it seems to me that it now works considerably better
than it used to!  :-)

The screen off still turns off completely after a few minutes of
idleness but I don't have to jump through hoops to get it to do this
(as I used to have to do with xscreensaver).  It also wakes up much
more quickly than it used to when I touch the mouse or keyboard.

All that xscreensaver does it seems to me is waste my time!  It makes
making the screen turn *off* (as opposed to going blank) not the
default action and offers all sorts of silly ways to waste time when I
want to use the computer again while offering nothing significant in
the way of extra security.

Am I missing something - or do people really like the silly moving
patterns that xscreensaver offers?

--
Chris Green