[xubuntu-users] no login on Z61m

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 27 21:55:16 UTC 2014

On 27/06/14 22:40, Geoff wrote:
> Hi
> I would appreciate any comments.  I'm using a lenovo Z61m partitioned
> with XP.  Xubuntu v14 is working fairly well, but when I boot up, it
> goes straight to desktop with no security.  Light Locker settings
> don't seem to help.  I can lock it but the machine is not secure.  I'm
> a new user so not up to speed with CLI.
>
> best wishes
> Geoff

At a guess I'd say that you clicked the 'Automatic Login' button during
install.

Open a terminal (ctrl + t OR Win +t)  and run

users-admin

That runs the user settings GUI from CLI ;)

Or you can go to the Settings Manager via the menu and it's button to
Users and Groups [1]

What does that tell you against Password?

Elfy

[1] http://docs.xubuntu.org/1404/settings-preferences.html

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member