[xubuntu-users] problem getting xubuntu 14.04 to boot

Nikos Chrisostomidis nik_xri at yahoo.gr
Wed Jun 25 10:53:43 UTC 2014

hi,
I have problem getting xubuntu 14.04 to boot.My system is a laptop with
Intel Pentium M processor 1.30GHz - 2Gb RAM.I first tried the live CD,which
worked just fine,so then I installed xubuntu alongside with Win 7,giving
10gb for the new partition to the installation.I had to use the "forcepae"
command since my kernel propably is not pae-enabled.The installation
process went just fine,but after reboot I get:
error: no such partition.
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

Offcourse I had to restore the old mbr to boot into win7.
Through live CDs,the partition(ext4) looks OK.
So I have a xubuntu installation in my laptop,but I can't boot into it,
could anyone help?
maybe this helps: *paste.ubuntu.com/7630007/
<http://paste.ubuntu.com/7630007/>*