[xubuntu-users] FIX for control-space missing in action in 14.04 / removing ibus

Rob Ward rl.ward at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 22 09:16:33 UTC 2014

One of my handier XP programs could tell my Canon Pixma iP-4200 to print
directly onto a CD.  I have noticed that in Gimp there are options that
mention CD options. Here is what it returns as options with the iP4200
driver selected....

eg

Paper Type:  CD
Paper Source: CD Tray
Output tray: [Not available]
Paper size: CD-5inch
Orientation: Portrait

and the printable dimensions were given as 116.1x116.1mm

(I tried to include a screen shot but ran out of space, so I hope this
suffices to give people who are interested a lead).

But I am not confident to just rush into experimenting.  My printer has
made screeching and clanging sounds (under XP and Xubuntu) before that I
have not liked, and do not want to repeat.

Before I rush in and just start pushing my stripable gears and cogs,
"real world" printer through all sort of combinations to print on a CD,
I thought it might be prudent to ask if any one in the XUbuntu enviro' has -
1. Printed a on CD on any printer or
2. Printed a CD on a Canon printer or
3. Printed a CD on a Canon Pixma and even perhaps a 4200?

Cheers,

*Rob Ward*
Lake Tyers Beach, 3909
Lake Tyers Beach Website <http://www.laketyersbeach.net.au>