[xubuntu-users] Im still seeing LU'S theme?

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Thu Jun 19 17:30:37 UTC 2014

> From: ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
> To: xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:40:34 +0200
> Subject: Re: [xubuntu-users] Im still seeing LU'S theme?
>
> Don't care about the fear, uncertainty and doubt people spread who don't
> have knowledge how to maintain a Linux install in a self-responsible
> way.
>
> As for changing the DM wallpaper
>
> you likely need to edit /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf or
> lightdm-kde-greeter.conf or whatever greeter you're using. I suspect the
> DM is lightdm and the greeter is GTL greeter.
>
> As for changing the boot-thingy
>
> I don't know why people want to get a useless boot splash, instead of
> seeing the startup messages. I recommend to disable the splash screen
> in /boot/grub/grub.cfg. However, you perhaps use Plymouth
> http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/07/install-change-boot-screen-theme-ubuntu-13-04/ .
>

> --

Me too, I would rather see the messages than the LU screen or the one that is weird looking on my end its like

BRIGHT BLUE and says L U B U N T U

then at one point turns black with the text above then I see the log in screen.

and just the dots move lol.  I guess thats my nvidia card doing that.

christopher