[xubuntu-users] OT: Debophan you were talking about James

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jun 19 17:18:32 UTC 2014

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:23:00 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-06-19 at 18:21 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > Proper inline-posting and proper bottom-posting requires also proper
> > quoting and removing unneeded quotes, btw. in plain text only, by
> > only asking smart questions.

Yes. And to facilitate the preceding, I think everyone seeking unpaid
help should read the following from top to bottom:

I agree with about 95% of what's in there, and wish everyone would read
it. By the way, what's in there also makes your life as a customer of
paid support or repair much easier: For instance, dealing with your
cable company.

By the way, the nastiest email I ever sent was to this bozo whose idea
of a symptom reproduction example was several huge content files
archived in a .ror format almost nobody has software to deal with. When
I called him out on it, he made a couple of the files a little smaller.
Besides what's in http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html,
everyone should read this article about making a minimum working
example of a problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve

SteveT