[xubuntu-users] OT: Debophan you were talking about James

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Thu Jun 19 16:51:03 UTC 2014

> From: ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
> To: xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:21:01 +0200
> Subject: [xubuntu-users] OT: Debophan you were talking about James
>
> On Thu, 2014-06-19 at 10:56 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
>> bahhh... I wished everyone would follow the bottom posting rule... I
>> have to constantly copy replies to the bottom! lol sorry ill get off
>> my soap box
>
> Proper inline-posting and proper bottom-posting requires also proper
> quoting and removing unneeded quotes, btw. in plain text only, by only
> asking smart questions. People who are interested to join other Linux
> mailing lists should be aware that asking dumb questions instead of
> doing a quick Internet research by oneself, to send HTML formatted
> mails, to top-post or sent useless quotes and/or bad formatted quotes
> easily could lead to be banned from the list. I prefer lists where OT
> talk is allowed, such as this one, but even this is unwanted on several
> mailing lists.
>
> Anyway, all that "bad" behavior is allowed on official *buntu mailing
> lists, but to get effective help and to help others effectively, it's
> better to care about those rules.

I was going to say Ralf, I dont think I posted in HTML I change it over to PT everytime?

but on the DUMB QUESTION part.... I have done that and wound up trashing my system because it was for ubuntu xxx and all the entries are from 2011, 2012.... SO I would just rather ask here and get it right the first time without trashing my system.

Sorry Ralph, didnt mean to offend you I was just following the rules of the other lists I am on where you ARE ALWAYS suppose to bottom post or get cussed out in a private email lol.  I guess I am a goodie two shoes lol I follow the rules to the T :P

Christopher