[xubuntu-users] OT: Debophan you were talking about James

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:21:01 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-19 at 10:56 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> bahhh... I wished everyone would follow the bottom posting rule... I
> have to constantly copy replies to the bottom! lol sorry ill get off
> my soap box

Proper inline-posting and proper bottom-posting requires also proper
quoting and removing unneeded quotes, btw. in plain text only, by only
asking smart questions. People who are interested to join other Linux
mailing lists should be aware that asking dumb questions instead of
doing a quick Internet research by oneself, to send HTML formatted
mails, to top-post or sent useless quotes and/or bad formatted quotes
easily could lead to be banned from the list. I prefer lists where OT
talk is allowed, such as this one, but even this is unwanted on several
mailing lists.

Anyway, all that "bad" behavior is allowed on official *buntu mailing
lists, but to get effective help and to help others effectively, it's
better to care about those rules.