[xubuntu-users] YouTube videos failing to load/download

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:12:24 UTC 2014

I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 and a couple of days ago I updated to the
latest kernel.  I don't know if this is related, but on my home
desktop, suddenly about half of the YouTube videos I want to play are
not playing.  I can't even use youtube,dl to get them.

This morning I tried a few at my work desktop, which his also running
Xu12.04 and I had no trouble there.

Usually this works the other way around (we have a firewall at work
that catches a lot of "security" concerns - mine at home is more or
less generic).

This happens in FF, SM and Chrome, and clearing the cache doesn't do any good.

Where else should I be looking?  I'm not at all familiar with setting
up my firewall, so if there, guidance would be helpful.

Thanks.

MR