[xubuntu-users] xfce terminal - maximise window?

Neil neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 06:58:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 18:09:46 +0100 (BST)
James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com> wrote:

> > To me 29 x 84 seems quite small values. It depends how you maximise
> > your terminal screen. I use the maximise button, top right of the
> > screen. If you use a keyboard shortcut it might not be the same.
>
> I'm sure you are right - my resolution is 1078 x 768... on a 16"
> monitor (I prefer glass to LCD so I haven't a flatscreen - glass is
> easier on the eyes I find).
>
> You are right on the maximise - I've used alt-f10 from habit as I use
> the mouse less and less whilst typing. I'm using xubuntu 13.10 as I
> haven't had time following a bereavement to do the 14.04 install.
> 13.10 left the menus off the terminal and that's why I didn't go
> there first. Gnome used to maximise on default but I've used xubuntu
> now since 2009 and like its simplicity without 'bells & whistles'.

My terminal size comes out at 37 168 which is what made me think your
figures were too low. However I do have a  screen with a
resolution of 1366 X 768,  so the values will be higher. Incidentally I
used version 13.10 of Xubuntu previously and I don't remember that the
menus were missing from the terminal.

Anyway, hope you are sorted,

Neil