[xubuntu-users] several points, questions & actions...

Elbert LaGrew elagrew at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 11:26:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Gary P. Charvat <g.charvat at snet.net> wrote:

> #2 --
> There's a utility out there that enables a Ubuntu user to not only back-up
> their system, but to make the CD/DVD "live", so that if you had a crash,
> you could boot from the live CD/DVD and restore your system.  The problem
> is that the gentleman who owns and develops/supports this application is
> quitting because several people have wronged hi in some way ( at least
> that's how he describes his reasoning on his web site.
>
> It would be nice if this application was taken over by a qualified
> person/s and offered on the Ubuntu Software Center.

It also would be good to have complete information. For example, there is
no information about the exact NAME of the utility or who makes it now.  It
would seem to me if you want people to consider advocating for the program,
that would be the most important information to give out. ;-)

Cheers!
--
El LaGrew