[xubuntu-users] What does IBus do for me? Can I get rid of it?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Jun 3 11:45:40 UTC 2014

Since I upgraded to xubuntu 14.04 a new icon has appeared in
notifications, called IBus.

When I click on it all it offers me is "English - English (US)" which
is wrong anyway as this is a UK English installation and always has
been.  I have always selected UK English when installing and upgrading.

What does it actually *do* anyway, I tried looking it up and its home
page says "It is a next generation input framework" so I'm none the
wiser really!  :-)

Can I just delete IBus?  I don't want icons appearing in my panel that
don't do anything useful.

--
Chris Green