[xubuntu-users] mousepad wiped out file content when font change tried

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:24:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:47:04 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?
suite=utopic&arch=any&mode=exactfilename&searchon=contents&keywords=pluma

Thank you very much for this. I added utopic to my repository list and
installed it right away. This is exactly what I wanted.

Had to comment out utopic after this since it wanted to update my entire
system. :-)

BTW, I've never paid attention to utopic on Ubuntu Packages Search
before. Was is recently added? And what "utopic" stands for, could you
enlighten me on this as well?

> JFTR I'm using pluma on Arch Linux, because I can't stand the new layout
> of gedit.

And neither do I. The latest changes coming from GNOME3 finally convinced
me to switch either to Xubuntu or Debian XFCE Jessie, which I'm still
waiting to come for a final decision. Otherwise KDE would be the last
chance. The problem is I tried it many times, somehow never liked it and
had to come back to GNOME. However, the latest changes made GNOME a dead
cow for me. :-( I'd better stand KDE.

I've finally made peace with Unity, get used to it and even find it nice
today. But looking at Ubuntu 14.04 Nautilus I fear the future too. I
replaced Nautilus with Nemo for now, nevertheless it's tight integration
with the desktop environment frightens me. I keep asking myself: "What's
next?"

Xubuntu looks and feels very nice. I like Thunar slightly less then old
venerable Nautilus. It's a little bit more like Dolphin. But it is quite
good.