[xubuntu-users] Regarding no login screen on lenovo Z61m

Geoff Stokes geoff.stokes1951 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:43:59 UTC 2014

Hi
The previous dialog is below.
I am beginning to suspect that my login problem is machine-specific,
because a search of list posts etc. does not show up the problem, except
that there are a number of login difficulties.  Please does anyone have any
thoughts on this?

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 22:55:16 +0100
> From: Elfy <ub.untu at btinternet.com>
> To: xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: [xubuntu-users] no login on Z61m
>
> On 27/06/14 22:40, Geoff wrote:
> > Hi
> > I would appreciate any comments.  I'm using a lenovo Z61m partitioned
> > with XP.  Xubuntu v14 is working fairly well, but when I boot up, it
> > goes straight to desktop with no security.  Light Locker settings
> > don't seem to help.  I can lock it but the machine is not secure.  I'm
> > a new user so not up to speed with CLI.
> >
> > best wishes
> > Geoff
> >

> At a guess I'd say that you clicked the 'Automatic Login' button during
> install.
>
> Open a terminal (ctrl + t OR Win +t)  and run
>
> users-admin
>
> That runs the user settings GUI from CLI ;)
>
> Or you can go to the Settings Manager via the menu and it's button to
> Users and Groups [1]
>
> What does that tell you against Password?
>
> Elfy

Hi Elfy
Many thanks for your quick reply.  In Settings the Password condition is:
  Asked on login.

Best wishes
Geoff

Geoff Stokes