[xubuntu-users] mousepad wiped out file content when font change tried

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 22:27:10 UTC 2014

>> Do you mind to explain to a Xubuntu newbie what is the "hidden file"
>> you've mentioned?
>
> Any file whose name begins with a dot (.) is hidden: it does not show up
> when you type ls unless you use the -a ("all") option. Graphical file
> managers have a switch or config option (Ctrl-H, by convention) to hide
> or reveal hidden files.

My fault, I snipped off too many lines. ;-)

In his post Ralf wrote:"OT: Btw. I also recommend to replace xfce4-
terminal with roxterm. Both usually are compatible when you start them
with special options from command line, but roxterm is better to
configure, e.g. dis/enabling the bell could be done by the GUI, no need
to use a hidden file, as it has to be done for xfce4-terminal."

And my question was about that specific to xfce4-terminal hidden file? I
meant to say that of all hidden (doted :-) ) files in my home directory
neither is specific to xfce4-terminal configurations.