[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu and Nvidia Proprietary Drivers

Ince, Wilbur wilbur at wilbur.us
Mon Jul 14 12:28:51 UTC 2014

I've installed the Nvidia binary driver - version 331.38 from
nvidia-331-updates (proprietary).  I saved the settings to the
.etc.X11/xorg.conf, and confirmed the settings in the file.  But every
time I start Xubuntu, the alignment and settings of the dual monitor
are not applied.  I can use the Nvidia x server settings to correctly
set the second monitor again, but the settings are never applied
automatically at boot.

My video card is the GT218[GeForce 210].

I'm going to try installing a different driver and see if that makes a
difference.

Would other display drivers overwrite the Nvidia settings?  Should I
try to uninstall other drivers?

Thanks for any insight.

Wilbur Ince