[xubuntu-users] Regarding Lenovo Z61m login

Geoff Stokes geoff.stokes1951 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:30:03 UTC 2014

Hi
Sending again as I still have this problem.  Just wondering if anyone can
shed any light on this please?  Booting up, Xubuntu 14.04 goes straight to
desktop with no login.  The password condition is "Asked on login".  If I
log out, the login dialog is presented as expected.

Best wishes Geoff

On 27/06/14 22:40, Geoff wrote:
> > Hi
> > I would appreciate any comments.  I'm using a lenovo Z61m partitioned
> > with XP.  Xubuntu v14 is working fairly well, but when I boot up, it
> > goes straight to desktop with no security.  Light Locker settings
> > don't seem to help.  I can lock it but the machine is not secure.  I'm
> > a new user so not up to speed with CLI.
> >
> > best wishes
> > Geoff
> >

> At a guess I'd say that you clicked the 'Automatic Login' button during
> install.
>
> Open a terminal (ctrl + t OR Win +t)  and run
>
> users-admin
>
> That runs the user settings GUI from CLI ;)
>
> Or you can go to the Settings Manager via the menu and it's button to
> Users and Groups [1]
>
> What does that tell you against Password?
>
> Elfy

Hi Elfy
Many thanks for your quick reply.  In Settings the Password condition is:
  Asked on login.

Best wishes
Geoff
Geoff Stokes