[xubuntu-users] Sorry - sent mistakenly from secondary email address --- re: new project - new experience...

Gary Charvat g.charvat at snet.net
Thu Jul 10 13:00:25 UTC 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

I now have one HP Pavillion laptop running under Xubuntu -- a second
Pavillion laptop running under Ubuntu -- a HP TouchPad running under
WebOS -- and now am working on my last PC, an older Compaq ( about 10+
years ) D300 trying to get it running under Lubuntu.

So, far I have been learning something new just about everyday -- which
is what I enjoy.  Next process will be to get them networked together so
my family and some friends can have access to the world at their ease
and convenience.

BUT I am having difficulty in getting the GUI to come up when the user
logs on -- or for that matter to come up at all.  And I've been reading
all my manuals as well as going to user forums and blogs.  I read in my
manuals that the GUI vs Command Line ( text ) is triggered by the entry
in the  ( /etc/inittab ) file ( 2 for the GUI ).  But can't get it to work.

Anybody have any insight as to what I'm missing???

Regards,
Gary P. Charvat

--
Regards,
Gary

Gary P. Charvat
50 Greystone
Shelton, CT  06484

(203) 929-9187
eMail:  g.charvat at snet.net

<<<<>>>>

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Please excuse any typos as the individual entering this message has
Parkinson's disease...
THANK YOU!!!