[xubuntu-users] Light Locker

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Tue Jul 8 19:48:12 UTC 2014

Now this is interesting....

When locking my screen by clicking on my name and going to LOCK NOW my
screen would blank then pop up and say MONITOR IS GOING TO SLEEP in a
white box. then the light turns orange.
At least it did that in plain debian.

But in xubuntu screen goes black but DOES NOT turn off.
I can tell that the back light is still on.

For some reason when moving the mouse I get the ubuntu sign in screen I
put in my password then I get a XSCREENSAVER password prompt.

I found out that turning off LIGHT LOCKER when I move the mouse the
screen goes to sleep now and when I move the mouse, I only see
XSCREENSAVER PASSWORD PROMPT.

I wonder why there is two?

I had to disable LIGHT LOCKER and now my screen goes to sleep when I hit
LOCK NOW.

Christopher