[xubuntu-users] K3B can't find various libraries

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Sun Jan 12 01:12:55 UTC 2014

On 12/01/14 02:43, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> I'm running Precise with the Raring kernel, and recently I've been
> creating some CDs for my car with K3B.
>
> Problem is that when K3B starts up, it frequently can't find one or
> more of the installed commands it uses, like cdrecord, or the DVD
> writer library, or something else.  The first time it did this I ran
> apt-get to install the package, and it's already there.
>
> WTH??
>
> Anyone else seeing this oddity?  K3B has performed admirably for years
> until this.
>
> Thanks.
> MR

Since you are running an unsupported setup to start with, please confirm
that this happens in Precise with the Precise kernel first.

Moreover K3B isn't a default application for Xubuntu. Does this happen
with Xfburn, with the default kernel configuration? If you want to use
K3B, i'd rather seek help from Kubuntu/KDE lists.

Pasi