[xubuntu-users] conky

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Thu Jan 2 16:19:31 UTC 2014

I recently asked here for how-to access release version info.  I used
this is a short conky script that is have included below as fyi info.
It should display, bottom left, release and linux version without any
changes.

~/.conky

use_xft yes
xftfont Sans:style=Bold:size=20
double_buffer yes
alignment bottom_right

TEXT
${color orange}${pre_exec head --bytes=-8 /etc/issue} ${hr 2}$color
$sysname $kernel on sda1

${alignc}${color red}${time %a %d %b}
${alignc}${time %H:%M}

I have 6 installations of Xubuntu and Mint, and often forget just which
one I am looking at.  I am only a beginner in conky, so if you know how
to also get the current partition (hard coded above as  sda1) then I
would appreciate that knowledge.