[xubuntu-users] Graphic card disaster

Marc Coevoet marcc at dommel.be
Tue Feb 25 11:49:37 UTC 2014

op 25-02-14 12:33, Michele Mor schreef:
> Hi everyone!
> I have a laptop with a dual boot - Win 7 and Xubuntu 13.10.
> The laptop is an Acer Aspire 4810TZG and it has a dual graphic card,
> Intel + ATI Mobile Radeon HD4330.
> Unfortunately, during my neverending quest for the perfect Linux
> system, I have tried to use a program to update my ATI drivers from:
> http://www.thefanclub.co.za/how-to/ubuntu-amd-catalyst-install
>
> Needless to say, after following the procedure and the installation of
> those drivers, when I log into Xubuntu, my screen has blue and black
> stripes.
>
> Short of backing up everything and re-installing Xubuntu, does anyone
> know how I could remove those drivers and install working drivers?
> Note that using the Ubuntu recovery option I can use a command line
> (even if when I tried it seemed not working as expected) - or I can
> use SystemRescueCD.
>
> Thanks!
> Michele

Hello,

Go into synaptic, install xserver and all of its components, eventually
the kernel and ... all the rest...

Reinstalling will delete a self compiled drive or other junk ...

Marc

http://shortwave dot tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk