[xubuntu-users] Graphic card disaster

Michele Mor m.mor.mail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:33:43 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!
I have a laptop with a dual boot - Win 7 and Xubuntu 13.10.
The laptop is an Acer Aspire 4810TZG and it has a dual graphic card, Intel
+ ATI Mobile Radeon HD4330.
Unfortunately, during my neverending quest for the perfect Linux system, I
have tried to use a program to update my ATI drivers from:
http://www.thefanclub.co.za/how-to/ubuntu-amd-catalyst-install

Needless to say, after following the procedure and the installation of
those drivers, when I log into Xubuntu, my screen has blue and black
stripes.

Short of backing up everything and re-installing Xubuntu, does anyone know
how I could remove those drivers and install working drivers?
Note that using the Ubuntu recovery option I can use a command line (even
if when I tried it seemed not working as expected) - or I can use
SystemRescueCD.

Thanks!
Michele