[xubuntu-users] [Bulk] Re: Xubuntu 12.04.4 LTS comes with the wrong kernel version

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 14 22:44:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Michael Fischer <fischerfm at yahoo.de> wrote:
> So in »the majority of the cases« Unity and XFCE put a similar load on the
> system, right? Good to know. Thanks.

Looks like you misread :) He said there is "no reason why it wouldn't
be faster" - a double negative which may make it confusing, but which
conveys that Xubuntu is faster, not similar.

Related, many of us who work on this project don't use Xubuntu on
older machines and don't believe our focus is there. This is echoed in
our Strategy Document[0]. I run it on my newest, fastest systems and
Lubuntu and Debian on systems that are slower and older.

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument

http://www.princessleia.com