[xubuntu-users] boot option to load sata_nv first. 12.04 install

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sat Feb 8 17:15:23 UTC 2014

I'm attempting to install 12.04 desktop i386 on a machine with 3 sata drives
and 1 pata drive.

As on other installs the pata ide drive is being picked up before the sata
drives (sata_nv). I can fix this after the os is installed by
editiing /etc/initramfstools/modules to load sata_nv before the pata drive,
that is no problem, but I would like the drives to be picked up in what I
consider to be the correct order (sata_nv) first. this will mean harmony with
all the other os's on this machine.

On archlinux I can set the boot option "earlymodules=sata_nv", but this won't
work on other os's. Is there some boot option I can use on Xubuntu 12.04 that
will cause sata_nv module to be loaded before the pata ones.

Thinking caps on guys!

Nigel.