[xubuntu-users] Fn+F7 broken

Fred Roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 15:34:33 UTC 2014

On 01/28/2014 12:57 PM, darren wrote:
> Yeah. Running that command produces nothing now. Gonna try a dist upgrade.
>
> The other Fn keys work fine.
>

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Sorry if this has already been suggested as I don't have the full thread
but has using the Settings Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcut
been tried?  My keyboard had a number of dysfunctional keys and I
programmed them all through the Keyboard program.  Bonus, programmed a
few extras i.e. ctrl+"home" key for my file browser etc.

If not; once in the Application Shortcut tab as above then click the
"+Add" to add, type in the proper command as you would from command line
"i.e. xfce4-display-settings --minimal" and click "OK" you will then be
prompted to enter the key sequence you want i.e. fn+F7. Once accepted
then try your key function then.

This has helped me reprogram things like volume control, start pause, etc.

Hope it helps.

Fred