[xubuntu-users] Installing Xubuntu on an old XP machine.

Sebastian Kulich sebastian-lists at grmlber.de
Mon Dec 22 17:41:56 UTC 2014

Hello Gerald,
I once had a problem with one of my computers that sounds like yours.
The BIOS ignored any boot order and always booted the hdd.

There was another option available while booting (guess it was F10 or something, just try around), where I could select a boot device and that worked (not the BIOS though!) I still don't know why it ignored the BIOS, but maybe it helps you.

Have a wonderful Christmas time and a great start in 2015,
Sebastian

send mails not related to list topic to: sebastian at grmlber.de
public-key at: pgp.grmlber.de