[xubuntu-users] Recommendations For A Great Text Editor?

Ince, Wilbur wilbur at wilbur.us
Sun Dec 14 19:55:48 UTC 2014

Abandoned is maybe not the right word.  Active development has stopped on
the project.  Blog entries from June and July promise a new round of work
on the version 3 beta release, but since that time not a bit of updates or
blog entries from anyone.

It's troubling because a lot of people (including me) are actively using
it, and developing plugin packages for it.

One important note about Sublime Text is that it is NOT open source.  Since
it's hiatus started, two projects have sprung up to take it's place.

Lime Text
Atom

I can't tell which project is more populace, but Atom seems more accepted.
Neither have unseated Sublime at this point, but we can all change that.

I'm installing Atom now and am giving it a rundown.  I'll let people know
how it goes.

Wilbur Ince