[xubuntu-users] My Xfce fonts looks bad

Tong Sun xubuys.xpt at spamgourmet.com
Mon Dec 8 03:08:14 UTC 2014

Thanks Rob.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 7:25 PM, rl.ward at bigpond.com wrote:

> The fonts that look bad in your first two examples appear to be from the days of bitmap fonts rather than the scalable outline fonts we expect today.  Can you try other fonts (that you are confident have good definition files) on the file manager and terminal? eg the same one as used in the x-term session?

I believe it is just the contrary. My xterm should be using bitmap
fonts, while the other two use true-type fonts. The true-type fonts
are known to have problem when rendering fonts less than 12~14 size.
People who say their font settings look nice normally have their font
sizes  above 12 or even 14. My xterm font size is only about 8.