[xubuntu-users] My Xfce fonts looks bad

Tong Sun xubuys.xpt at spamgourmet.com
Sun Dec 7 23:00:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

I normally don't use Xfce desktop but launch into my fluxbox WM
instead. One of ther reason is that the fonts really look bad in Xfce.
Today, I did a comparison and post the result to

http://ibin.co/1jrTsjo6hRdS:

There are three windows from the clip, the File manger, Terminal, and
a xterm session. I think the File manger and Terminal are both using
the same font rendering method, and they both look not as crisp as
xterm. Moreover, you can see that xterm's font size is even smaller
than both of them, yet crystal clear. If you look closely, you can see
that on the Terminal, in the content of ~/.Xclients, the dash in
"$HOME/.Xclients-$HOSTNAME$DISPLAY" is not even rendered. This is a
1:1 screenshot that looks exactly like what's showing on my screen.
I.e., the missing of that dash in not from the screenshot but from
original Xfce display instead.

Some people might not tell the difference or might not think it is
*that* bad, but if you are used to the crystal clear fonts (like that
from xterm) for over two decades, then you might understand that such
blurry font rendering is unacceptable to me.

Any one can help?

Thanks