[xubuntu-users] [Bulk] Re: 14.10, keyboard map seems wrong for GUI login

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:37:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 13:45:11 +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> I have installed ibus and run ibus-setup, it thinks the system
> keyboard layout is US and doesn't offer me any alternative.  Setting
> it to "use system keyboard layout" means that I get US keyboard layout
> everywhere.
>
> So where does ibus get its idea of system keyboard layout from?  I
> guess I need to change this so it's UK.

I wasn't aware about ibus until today. I suspect it isn't related to
your issue, but I might be mistaken.

"Setting up your Language

    Go to System->Preferences->Ibus Preferences.
    Go to 'Input Method' tab
    Select your language from the drop down menu and click 'Add button'
    Move it up to the top so that whenever you run ibus you will be
    directly able to type in your language. Close " -
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ibus

A Starpage search for "Xubuntu ibus" doesn't provide useful
information, the above link is from a "Ubunut ibus" search.

I didn't maintain my *buntu installs for a long time. For my Arch Linux
I will remove it right now, since it seems to be useless for the setup
I'm using with Arch.