[xubuntu-users] 14.10, keyboard map seems wrong for GUI login

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 5 11:35:38 UTC 2014

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 10:36:55 +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> Also doesn't the GUI login run 'before' X starts, X is actually
> started for the specific user who has logged in.  So changing the
> settings in xorg.conf shouldn't really be relevant to the GUI login.
> In the old days it would be configured in xdm, gdm or whatever but
> they're not so separate any more.

Oops, that does answer when the script I posted is executed.

And keyboard configuration in console vs XKB, anyway, "GDM keyboard
layout See Keyboard configuration in Xorg#Using X configuration files."
- https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GDM#GDM_keyboard_layout

So, X keyboard settings can be used for the display manager's greeters.